Is ambroxol safe for the baby with Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency ?

is ambroxol safe for my baby with g6pd
Asked On : Sun, 7 Aug 2011
welcome to hcm
please keep a list of drugs in hand which should be avoided in g6pd deficiency.In this case the drug is safe when used in normal dose with proper indications.

hi welcome to HCM,for ambroxal there are no absolute contraindications but in gastric ulceration patients caution should can use ambroxol for your g6pd deficient patients some drugs are contraindicated as they cause haemorrhage with the use of these drugs like antimalarial(primaquine,chloroquine),sulphonamides,methylene blue ,naphthalene,analgesics(aspirine,acitanilide,phenoxopyridine),antibiotics(nalidixic acid,isoniazide,dapsone,nitrofurantoin,furoxolidine) wait out doctors consultation dont give any drug to your baby ok.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
ambroxol safe for a baby with g6pd
please check any additional contents
better once consult your doctor before giving it
take care