Is abdominal and lower back pain normal after a smear test ?

I am 32, have had 4 pregnancies, don t have periods at present as on the mini pill. I had a smear test yesterday. About an hour or two after the test I started having lower abdominal pain and lower back pain , like period cramps. I woke this morning doubled up with them and have had them most of the day today. It feels worse now it is the evening. I am not bleeding but I am worried about whether this pain is normal as I never experienced it in previous smears or investigations ( investigations due to problems in pregnancy ). Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Sep 2011