Is a treatment required for parts of the labia turning black without any pain ?

hi i m a bit worried I had a look down there and noticed that the right side of my labia was splotched black and the left smaller but surrounded by pink. It looks like the skin died, especially the left side that is surround by healthy pink colour. I was not born like this and don t know when it happened. but i ve had it (from when i ve known) for almost a year and I don t have pain with it but i m still worried. When I told a nurse she had no idea what it was and said she d never seen this before. She recommended I have an std check. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know about this. I read a post that said it could be due to prolonged yeast infection (which i ve had) but that was a response someone gave and havent found anything like that again.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2011