Is a displaced navel treated by pressing breast in Ayurveda?

One of my friend had a naval displaced (called dharan in hindi) and she went to a ayurvedic doctor (called masaj maker or Wedji in hindi) and the doctor made her treatment by making her naked upper part and pressed the breast tightly and pressing the pulse to the navel and fixed it. She dont have any problem now, But I WANT TO ASK THAT IS THE TREATMENT IS THE WAY THE DOCTOR DONE ??? .. was it necessary doing so like this.... she had a sigh of relief now
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hello Mr. Sanjay
In ayurvedic texts there is no reference as to dharan, but some practitioners have their own way and logic to set the things right. Basically due to inflammation of the intestines or gastritis pulsation is felt over artery which is regarded as dharan displaced. By manipulating they try to move the swollen part away from artery so that pulsation is felt no more and patient feels better. Some pull thumb of feet, some tie a thread and today I have read your details also. There is no set procedure in texts.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Abhishek Chandge's  Response
Hi Sanjay,
Their is no vedic reference for such procedure for displaced navel in ayurveda . But some docters with their experience develops many technique that looks strange but produce nice result .
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ashutosh Thigale's  Response
Yes,this is the perfect treatment of nabhichhal(sanskrit).Well,in this world this seems strange,but this is scientific thing according to ayurvedic science.Another treatment,also known as "DEEPIKA YANTRA CHIKITSA"in ayurveda also has the same effect.This is called "nabhi-bandha".