Is a C.T angio safe for a chronic kidney disease patient who is on hemodialysis ?

Hello My father is a patient of Chronic Kidney Disease . He is undergoing Haemodialysis twicea week since Oct 2008.Recently he had chest pain after a massive blood loss from the dialysis opening ( fistula )in hand.Cardiologist doctor cited it as Iskaemia and angina pain.After that, he had terrible asphyxation (breathelessness)where oxygen inhalation became important. The e.c.g. showed myocardial infarction. Dr. is saying that Angiogram will be risky for him as his kidneys are defunct and hence the dye material will not be successfully removed from the body which might lead to problems like breathelessness leading to ventilation may be. We are from India, Kolkata. He is 67 and with hypertension with medications and rheumatoid arthritis from long years. What can be effective now?Will a C.T. angio be more effective and safe for him? Will angioplast be good for him?How long it may last? Or is continuing medicationadvisable.He is on mkedication like, Nikoran 10, Taztor 10, Ranx. Sorbitrate, Clopitab .Amlopidine, etc He is having breathelessness at any minimumexertion.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011