Is a BMI of 15.8 in a 4 months pregnant good for the baby ?

My BMI is 15.8 weight is as- 38kgs and height is iam 4months pregnant . Is this condition bad for my baby. how can I gain more kilos ?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi Nadeesha!
You are grossly underweight according to the stats provided.Since you are pregnant you have to take additional nutrition to compensate for the metabolic losses incurred.Please take a generous helping of green leafy veggies, 1-2 glasses of milk daily.Also have nuts,eggs,fish(if you like),plenty of fruits.The aim should be to put on healthy weight so as to provide nutrition to your baby and also to you.