Is TB completely curable in a newly diagnosed patient ?

Hi Doc,is TB completely curable in a newly diagnosed patient?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jun 2010
Hi Raj,
Yes TB is COMPLETELY CURABLE only if the patient completes the prescribed duration of TB medications. Also regular follow up with the treating doctor is necessary to see the progress. The patient should not stop medications abruptly or in development of any side effects. Should visit the doctor immediately when develops any adverse reactions or new symptoms.
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. R. Rehan Baig's  Response
dear raj Ofcourse TB is completely curable in both new and old patients. Its uncurable only in advanced complicated cases. So do not worry. But , the important point is to patiently complete the whole therapy regime. To keep fighting, inspite of adverse reactions from the therapy.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Yes it is curable 100% provided you take the medicines regularly and without any stoppage during the course of treatment advised by your doctor.Problem is developing feeling of being OK and getting complacent resulting in MULTI DRUG RESISTENT TUBERCULOSIS (MDRT).Good luck