Is Phimosis with down syndrome common? Getting erection, not known. Any discomfort preventing him from masturbating. Chances of suffering from infections in future if not removed?

Is Phimosis in a 23 year old male with down syndrome common. He can urinate ok and doesnt seem to be any sign of infection but it is a concern. He is very private and I wouldnt even know if he gets an erection . He has severe learning diffuculties so wouldnt be able to tell me. He never complains if he is ill or in pain. Would this condition be be likely to give him discomfort or prevent him from masturbating if he has the need? Would the chances of him suffering infections in the future be high if he didnt have it removed? Many thanks for your time.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012