Is Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) a serious disease ?

Hello sir, I am 34 age men. I am affected by PSVT. Is it serous disease?. My family doctor advised to see the Dr. Ulhas Pandurangi , MBBS,MD, DM. So, I called him to getting appointment, but he is now out of station. Please tell when he will be back in MMM.
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
you can another cardiologist if he is not in station.
psvt is less dangerous than ventricular tachycardia.SVT is not life threatening, but episodes can be treated or prevented. take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Np dear this is not a serious disease.At times if you do not have any problem you might not need any treatment at all.In absence of any other problem you can wait till the cardiologist returns.If you have problem at present then your doctor can refer to other cardiologist near by.bye.