Is Marfan Syndrome a life threatening disease ?

Hi, I would like to know if MVP & Marfan Syndrome is a life threatening disease? Is there any way I can heal or improve my condition?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
thanks for chosing syndroem is a connective tissue disorder affect the skeletal system, cardiovascular system, eyes, and skin.most cases have inheritance -30% occur sporadically.Mvp is a direct effect of Marfans where mitral valve is deficient due to connective tissue weakening.There is no cure for Marfan syndrome, Regular checkups by a cardiologist are needed to monitor the health of the heart valves and the aorta. The goal of treatment is to slow the progression of aortic dilation and damage to heart valves by eliminating arrythmias, minimizing the heart rate, and minimizing blood pressure.