Is HIV aids curable by siddha ?

I would like to know weather HIV Aids can be cured by siddha?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response

Siddha is a proven system in curing HIV Infection through multi drug therapy.

Siddha drugs will fight aganist the viral infection and enhance the immune system.

Mercury contant drugs are used for Anti - viral action.

HIV infection associated with cough , fever , weight loss and anemia has been recovered gradually

by high potent malt and tablets.

Indian Goose berry contant malt is given to cough , fever associated with TB symptoms. Winter cherry { Aswagantha } contant tablets are given to Anemia and Weight loss.

In addition siddha - allopathy combined treatment also given to HIV infection.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. these are two different terms: when person gets infected due to unprotected sexual intercourse then he is termed as HIV and when after a long gap of 10-15 years symptoms due to low/weaken immunity occur in him then he is said to be a case of AIDS.
2. in stage of HIV when person immunity/weight and system is good it is best to use ART (anti retro viral therapy) along with other complimentary system of medicine which can help increase CD4 count and thus help fight against infection.
3. when opportunistic infections have set in, then no system of medicine reliably stops the progression of disease.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello apvs;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Till date there is no perfect cure for HIV infection in any form of medicine including siddha;allopathy;homoeopathy;ayurveda.At least it is not proved or documented with help of a patient.Very recently there was a report where it was declared that the first person was cured of HIV infections using antiviral drugs.But in siddha there is no such thing reported.Since it is not proved it will be just a matter of trial if any person wants to opt for siddha to get treated for HIV infection.