Is Eating Chicken safe from bird flu now ?

Is it safe to eat chicken now because f bird flu? I know they say it is safe but how true is that.
Asked On : Fri, 30 May 2008
Stop eating chicken if you are afraid. I eat chicken only at home and cook it very well. There is a letter on the chicken shelf that says it is safe and free from bird flu as well
Yeah I read in some newspaper that once chicken is well cooked at above 70 degrees centigrade it is safe to eat
Don’t risk eating chicken or eggs man. It seems that bird flu is very dangerous- no matter what anyone says.
what's aparty with out chicken. but why have party in fear? the fear of bird flu. avoid chicken avoid fear enjoy the party........
bird flu causa dies above 70 degrees and even cooked well, removes are harm...... more over bird flu spreads among the birds.........humans have shown a good immunity towards it although cases have been observed, many a times being cured by a plain paracetamol.
General & Family Physician Dr. JItendra Sharma's  Response
Eating chicken, is safe. If it is well cooked. Viruses (bird flu is caused by virus) do not survive beyond the extreme temperaturs of ccoking. And are immunity is strong enough to deal with virus. However the flu becomes an epidemic if there is a new strain, which has undergone changes and new to our immune system. Even in that case the major source of transmission is nasal droplets and not food (although possiblity is not ruled out).But in a well cooked, of course the posiblity is alomst nill.

Homeopath Dr. Krupali Devkar's  Response
It is absolutely safe to have chicken cooked at home in a proper manner. ansd yes this flu spreads through nasal aerosols and not food. dont fear.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
it isn't a food-borne disease anyway.flu spreads through aerosols and not food. better cook well.and have
1. bird flu is hard for people to catch. Most of the people who have become sick with bird flu came into close contact with sick chickens or ducks and touched them with bare hands.
2. There is no evidence that properly cooked poultry or eggs can be a source of infection for bird flu. Because other common diseases such as salmonella infection can be spread by eating undercooked poultry or eggs:
3.The U.S. Department of Agriculture,campaign, is recommending that all chicken be cooked to a minimum temperature of 165 degrees to ensure that all viruses and bacteria, including bird flu, are destroyed.
hi welcome to HCM.You cannot get avian influenza from properly handled and cooked poultry and eggs.Most cases of avian influenza infection in humans have resulted from direct or close contact with infected poultry or surfaces contaminated with secretions and excretions from infected birds. Even if poultry and eggs were to be contaminated with the virus, proper cooking would kill it.Use a food thermometer to make sure you cook poultry to a temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit, may wish to cook poultry to a higher temperature for personal preference.thank you
General & Family Physician Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar's  Response

You can eat chicken by cooking it properly. The virus is killed by cooking the bird properly. It is true that you can consume it during these days.