Is Brufen 600mg good for tooth pain?

I m 27 male can u take brufen 600mg for tooth pain?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Sep 2011
Dentist 's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

Ibuprofen can be taken for tooth related pain but be sure that you do not have any drug allergy with that.

You can also take tab combiflam and tab ketorol as alternative.

Here i would also suggest you to visit your dentist and get the cause diagnosed for pain.

Sometimes self medication worsen the symptoms on prolonging .

Hope it helps.

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
first of all how old are you and how much do you weigh?
most normal adults can handle 800 milligrams every 8 hours
second of all if the toothache is caused by infection then you will need an antibiotic or ibuprofen will only take the edge of and it will keep on. see if your dentist would be willing to call you in a prescrition for an antibiotic until your appt. most should be more than willing to do so.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Tooth pain indicates infection in the tooth that has involved the pulpal tissues.
Such type of infected tooth need to be Root canal Treated to save it permanently.

Brufen 600mg can be taken for tooth pain provided you have no known allergy for the drug,
More effective pain killers like aceclofenac & serratiopeptidase combination can also be taken.

Analgesic will give a temporary relief, I would encourage you to visit the Dentist , take an x-ray of the tooth and get the treatment of the tooth completed.

Hope this helps out.

Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
Hello and welcome to hcm,
Brufen is an analgesic which can relieve pain temporarily.
Cause of toothache has to be ruled out .
Please do consult your dentist.
Decayed teeth has to be restored/root canal treated/extracted depending on severity of decay.
Once the action of analgesic has completed,toothache re-appears.
Get your teeth cleaned.
Maintain good oral hygiene.
Get dental check-up in every 6 months.
Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response

Hello there ,

Thanks for writing your query,

Ibubrofen is good in reliving dental pain and can be taken in three times a day according to its half life.

There are better pain killers available like aceclofenac along with serratiopeptidase that give better results.

Tooth ache indicates bacterial decay or infection in the tooth that involves the exposed tooth nerve tissues .

such infected tooth needs to be treated by a root canal procedure so please consider getting the treatment done by consulting a dentist.

you need to get an x ray done the affected area to confirm the presence of infection, approach a dentist for the treatment.

i hope this helps ,

take care.

Hello dear
Definately you can take Brufen 600mg for your toothache.But beware of side effects you can face
First of all gastric irritation can be there, second its a stong pain killer so you might feel giddyness.So if your toothach is mild then better go for Ketanov or combiflam.These are much safter and better tolerated by body.
Dr. Amit K. Gaba
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.Yes it can be taken for tooth pain provided you don't have any known allergy towards brufen.Good luck.
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi,Brufen 600 can be taken but now there are better and more effective pain killers like Ketorol 10 mg and Aceclofenac (Aceclo Plus ). Please try those for better relief. Take care!
Dentist Dr. Akanksha Pandit's  Response
BRUFEN or the analgesic ibuprofen can be taken in dental pain cases, provided the patient does not have asthma and other allergies to ibuprofen. In severe allergies combiflam can be used instead. However it is always advisable to consult a doctor before taking medication.