Is Brand name and Grneric drugs same?

i was reading on Brand name and Grneric drugs and it says it is the same so please tell me if it is why cant i take the generic i can not take the generic in most drugs i had just got some the Dr had gave me and it had messed my breathing up i can hardly breath so tell me what is wrong i know it is not the same thank you
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Sep 2013
Hello, thanks for the such query to H.C.M.C.
I would like to say you that this is game of money ( costs of drug) how to loot the individuals through different routs.
I will not name the company who manufactured the medicine but want to tell one thing that the batch number of generic syrup and ethnic syrup were same but the actual print rates were more or less same but the price of drugs ( sale price to whole seller and retailer ) were very much different.
So as far as concerned about quality there is no change , only costs are different.
Results are same of these drugs whether generic or ethnic, only heavy over pockets.
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
Hello there,

Brand name is trade name which is given by the manufacturer to the medicine.

Generic name is active ingredient in the medicine.

Generic medicines sometimes cheaper than the brand name medicines but the active ingredients are same in both.

So nothing to get worried.

Hope this will help you.

Dr. Gunjan Gupta