Is Aortic Aneurysms hereditary. If i maintain a proper diet.

5 of my uncles died of Aortic Aneurysms, and my father has one too?
what are the chances of myself getting one later in life (i am 47). My sister is frantic with worry that i will die like this, and it frightens the daylights out of her. Thanks. I gave up smoking at 40. 4 of my uncles smoked until well in their 60's. I have since gone to my Dr, who said that bercause i gave up smoking and have a low fat diet, i have at least a 73-78% LESS chance of getting this disease than my forefathers.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009