Is 38 years old too early for a knee replacement ?

Can i get a knee replacement when im only 38 years old I have bad arthiritis in my knees
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
hi melissa
yes 38 yrs is too early/no doubts regarding that, as you have to start thinking of revision after 15 yrs +/- even with a knee well done , but then is it so bad . do try to defer till its inevitable would suggest at least till you are 50 years .till then please try physiotherapy/ viscosupplements
wishing you good health
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
Please mail your latest X-ray to observe whether your kneee are really that bad, for Total knee Replacement??
TAke Care
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Sunil Dewangan's  Response
If it is really total worn out, then definitely answer is yes , and its biological age is considered not the chronologicla age for replacment..............
I hope this is useful to you.................