Is 37-40 days of irregular periods a possible sign of pregnancy or an infection ?

I have excessive mucus discharge. I had a stillborn on 1/6/11. Then I had a normal period in February and I was supposed to get my period yesterday and did not. It doesn t seem like it is going to show up anytime soon either. I went for a consult with a endocrinologist and I was told that if I didn t get my period to wait until days 37-40 to take a test. Is this a possible sign of pregnancy or an infection?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
If you have been sexually active since your periods in feb then pregnancy is a possibility.However,if there is a delay by 1 day then there is still a chance that you will get your period soon.Wait a week and if you still dont get your periods then take a test.