Is 136/103 normal blood pressure ?

my blood pressure was 136/103 is that normal? any other time it would be in the normal range. I am 5 2 155lb and 27
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Thanks for query,
If blood pressure is correctly measured,diastolic pressure is high.
Go for frequent checking bp,keep record and consult your doctor.
Take less salt,
If at this age you have this much bp then go for lipid profile and blood sugar tested.
ok and bye.
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
read your prob , 136/103 is not normal BP, at your age. you have to rule out the cause of high blood pressureby getting some blood test like Lipid profile, Renal profile , Thyroid profile. discuss it with your treating doc n start proper treatment.
Dr aseem 9982583020
Could anxiety cause it to go up?
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Your blood pressure as of this reading is high.But it does not mean you have Hypertension.As other reading are in normal range , its unlikely you are hypertensive.
Blood pressure when measured correctly 1 week apart , shows elevation , is considered a finding for hypertension.Even if you are tensed up while testing for BP , it can show high levels .
I advise you to get a checkup done a week later and if that value is normal you can just neglect it.