Irritation on vaginal lips, red lumps, itchy, flaking skin. Any idea?

I have had irritation down below for a while and when I would itch the skin would peel away (much like sunburn ). I have now on the sides of the vaginal lips (very very top of my legs) got red lumps just smaller than a pea size, They do not irritate especially but if i do touch them they can itch sometimes and more skin comes away as i rub. I have had a sexual relation but he had not had sexual relations with anyone beforehand, so the thought of genital herpes scares me. There is no puss or fluid on these either. Any idea what it might be?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012