Irritation on the cheek, have numbness. Fungal growth or STD?

Currently I have some sort of irritation on the left inside of my cheek. It started about two weeks ago. At first it felt like the entire left side of my cheek was just dry(like I was dehydrated or something). Every now and then it will flare up and I ll get some tightness, almost feels like numbness. I m not sure when it acts up or why it does. But it s been going on for about two weeks. For some reason I feel like it may be a fungal growth or maybe an STD? But it s very irritating. Not as painful as annoying.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and thanks for posting your query
The symptomatology which you have mentioned does not give a clue of fungal infection or a STD.
You need to get a biosy done from inside your left cheek which will exactly characterize the type of lesion you are having inside your cheek.
take care