Irritation on labia, itching, pink discharge, told yeast infection, used Monistat, it become red and swollen. Treatment?

Recently I started experiencing irritation on my labia minor, which I figured was just small irritation and let it go. However, a few days later I started itching really badly and was having heavy pink-tinted discharge. After calling the on call-doctor for my OBGYN I was told it sounded like a yeast infection. I used Monistat to clear that up but the left side of my labia minor is bright red colored and slightly swollen. It is really uncomfortable to walk. What could this be and how can I relieve it?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013