Irritation on cheeks. Used aqueous cream, nose peeled badly. Using eucerin replenishing cream. What could cause this?

Hi there,
I have been suffering from some kind of irritation on my cheeks in particular. They are quite dry and burn up easily. I think it was due to some mineral makeup I tried. I used some aqueous cream on them the other day and my nose which was peeling so badly despite constant exfoliation and moisturising. This seemed to work like a miracle. I have since been using Eucerin replenishing face cream (last day or so) and I am experiencing the burning again. Could it be an effect of the aqueous cream? I have used the Eucerin previously and it hasnt affected me.
Thank you,
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013