Irritation in penis. Abdomen USS normal. On antibayotic Norflox. Further?

I am 44 years old male. Height 163CM, weight is 66Kg. Inside my penis an irritation is there sine last three months. I consulted A physician, urologist with abdomen USS with normal and tested urine R/E. The Physician gave me one course antibayotic Norflox for 7 days. But my problem is not at all rectified. Please help me
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have irritation in your penis since last 3 monts which has not resolved even after taking Norflox for one week.
Most likely this is due to Prostatitis.

Please consult qualified urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Routine urine and urine culture to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to so that you ca take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report.
2)Swab test and culture of prostatic fluid obtained after prostate massage.
3) Ultrasound scanning of bladder .

You need to take antibiotics for a long period of 6-8 weeks.