Irritation at the tip of the penis after having unprotected sex. Could this be STD or yeast infection?

I had unprotected sex with a woman 5 weeks ago. About 3 weeks after I had a mild intermittent irritation in the tip of my penis . It seems to come and go and also seems to get slightly worse as the day progresses. I ve had no other symptoms other than this irritation. Is this likely to be a STD or some other form of infection? I had a similar irritation years ago that was more severe and I tested negative for STD s but the Dr suggested my partner could have a had a severe yeast infection . That irritation started a few days after contact.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012