Irritating bump on the side of tongue, burning sensation. How to get rid of this ?

I have had a bump on the side of my tongue for over a year. It gets larger andsmaller and is really irritating when it scrapes my teeth , sometimes when I am talking I bite my tongue and have to stop mid-sentence!. When I eat cheese, sweet or sour things, spicy things It seems to get worse and burn . (I used to be able to eat jalapenos but it is now out of the question!)The burning sensation starts around the bump area but has migrated to the top surface of my tongue in the middle section and over to the other side. The very tip of my tongue is also raw at times My dentist looked at it with a special light or camera (?) and said he did not think it was cancer . What can I do to get rid of the burning sensation? What might it be and what type of doctor should I see??
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Hello hw011,
You have to consult with Ear,Nose & Throat ( ENT) specialist for this problem.
You have not mentioned that U have any addiction of Tobacco/Gutkha chewing.
If You have addiction then It is time to quit by any means.
You have to stop eating Spicy & Sour foods untill consultation.
Please Purchase ORASORE gel or any other gel for mouth ulcer.
You might by asked for biopsy if Specialist concern.
Then don't worry. Go & check.