Irregular periods,dont want to get pregnant, Is regesterone 5 mg is OK ?

hii doc, i missed my periods this month.. my preagnancy test is also negative.. my last period came on 14 may 2011.. my doctor suggested me to take regesterone 5 mg for 5 days, twice a it helpful or is dere any worries because i dont want to get preagnant.. i m 23 yrs old. 66 kgs in weight, and height is 5 6\
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Welcome to HCM.
If you are definite that you do not want to be pregnant and in case you are pregnant you will abort it, then there is no harm in taking regestrone tab. It will not abort the fetus if you are already pregnant, in which case you will not have withdrawal bleeding. If you are not pregnant you will get withdrawal bleeding. Negative urine pregnancy test doesn't guarantee that you are not pregnant, it only indicates that the pregnancy is not of that duration which can be detected by the test. Only sure way of confirming you are not pregnant is when you get your normal periods.