Irregular periods with brown discharge and clots after depo shot. Is this normal?

I took one depo shot at the end of march. It made my period last longer than it usually does, my doctor said its normal.. my body was just getting used to the depo. Since then I have not taken my follow up shot at the end of june. I have been having a very irregular period. I will have one week, no discharge and then I will start getting a brown discharge with clots. Sometimes it will be light, sometimes dark. The discharge will vary, it will be light and then around the time my period is supposed to come it gets heavy. In between this time, i will have light red spotting amidst the brown discharge. Is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012