Irregular periods, which lasts long. Color also varies. What may be the cause?

I am 20 years old. And i never really had a regular period but on averae it was between 28 and 30 days apart.However from April my period came 20 days in between, then 21 days in between, now its back with only 15 days in between the start of the last and this one. Not only that, these periods have been long, lasting almost 10 days. They arent heavy though, they range from light to normal. Also they are different in colour, very dark brown and watery, then it usually goes back to its normal color and viscosity. What is wrong with me?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
The irregular and heavy periods that you are having can be due to a hormonal disturbance or a local lesion like fibroid uterus. You need to consult a gynecologist for proper investigations.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,