Irregular periods, weight gain, ultrasound shows peripleral follicles in both ovaries, advised glucophage. Suggestions?

Hi, I m 30 yrs of age with 77kg weight. I ve got irregular periods for the last six months now n have gained about 5 kg of weight since then. I went to see a dr n she recommended a harmon test on 2nd if my cycle (which was all normal) n ultra sound on day 12. My ultrasound says that I ve got peripheral follicles in both ovaries.. I showed the report to my dr n she said that I should try glucophage for a couple of months n see if things improve. Otherwise, I should consult a dr who deals in infertility cases. I do have a 4 yrs old child too who was conceived normally.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012