Irregular periods, vaginal spotting, black discharge on wiping. Causes and treatment?

hey doctor i am 22 and i am suffering as i dont have regular eriods they come once every two -three konths i had a little blood on ma underpants thought it was period put pad inplace left it notheing on pad overnight there was dark like black colour stuff on my pad and also on my knickers i am very confused even know when i wipe its the same PLEASE HELP
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
May 2013
Irregularity in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes.
Scanty flow during periods is called hypomenorrhea.
The possible causes for your problem are :
- Hormonal imbalance due to poly cystic ovary disease, stress and strain, weight changes etc.
- Thyroid hormonal abnormalities
- Prolactin levels fluctuation
-General causes like anemia, diabetes etc.
So,once consult gynecologist, get examined and go for investigations like hormonal profile including estrogen, progesterone, LH and FSH, thyroid profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin, blood sugar levels, ultrasound.
With this workup the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated.
In case of hormonal imbalance, you may need hormonal pills for few months to regularize the menstrual cycles.