Irregular periods, trying to conceive. PCOS, advised Dimet, Duphaston. Are the medications right ?

I am 25yrs and trying to conceive ..My periods were irregular for the past 2 months.So my doctor advised me to do scanning and found there is pocs and she prescribed me to take Dimet 500 and Duphaston(renewing the cycle).I read in the leaflet Dimet 500 that its mostly described for over weight and its anti diabetic.Now i am bit confused since i am not over weight and not diabetic.Is this right prescription? can u pls suggest?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012