Irregular periods, taking duoluton. Is there thyroid problem, suggestion?

Hi, i m 23yrs old unmarried I used to get my MC every month on 5th this month i got it on 8th & next day it stopped & again it started on 15th of the same month & it is still not stopped though it is not heavy i can see the spots daily doctor adviced me to take duoluton tablet for 21 days. Please advice why is this tablet adviced to me is there any serious problem & how should i take this tablet should i swallo it & doctor says its because of thyroid ....
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012