Irregular periods, spotting seen on 1st and 3rd day, heavy on 4th day. What could be going on?

Hi, at the end of last month i was expecting my period. it came but i only spotted once the whole day. This is unusual for me. My 1st day through my 3rd day are usually my heavy days. i continued spotting for the next three days. on the fourth day my period was heavy and continues to be heavy. im on day 9 now! What could be going on?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Mar 2016

There are several reasons of irregular period like PCOD, hormonal imbalance, over wt/ extreme loss, mental stress, emotional upset, eating disorder, thyroid problem etc.

Therefore, you need one USG lower abdomen along with some hormone tests like LH/ FSH, Thyroid profile, serum Progesterone for complete evaluation. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist and take advice accordingly.

Combined hormonal pill is quite effective to treat irregular period. Tranexamic acid group of drug can be given to control bleeding. Control body wt, avoid stress, take healthy low carbohydrate diet with avoidance of fatty food and sleep properly.

Be well.