Irregular periods, spotting. Cause?

My last period was a day late and was spotty and brownish dark red color and only last a few hours over three days and this is happening again this month normally my period is a regular flow over three day time frame and is a bright red color what could be the cause of this
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012

The kind of irregularity in periods that you are having can be due to anemia.
I would advise you to get a blood hemoglobin assessment done.
Anemia is a very common cause of diminished flow during menstruation.
Even stress is an important factor, so take Care of it too.
If your hemoglobin comes out to be normal and you continue to experience the problem, see a nearby gynecologist.

Dr Geetika Paul