Irregular periods, sexually active, reduced flow of blood. Suggestions?

Hi, I m a 16 year old girl and I am sexually active, my periods are irregular anyway, but I just got my period today and I usually have a very heavy and very painful first 2 days. But when I go to the loo I usually notice lots of blood in the toilet when I start my period. Recently I have had small cramps but no where near as bad as they usually are, and I went to the loo today and I didn t notice any blood in the toilet or on my knickers, but when I wiped I noticed that the toilet paper was bloody, but it was very gooey and there wasn t much of it, so I put on a towel just in case my flow started heavily again, but when I went to the loo about 2-3 hours after my last loo break, there was no blood on my pad, and i wiped again and there was that gooey red stuff again, I m hoping it s normal and due to the ovulation cycle, but I just need a professional opinion on this matter, thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013