Irregular periods, overweight, PCOS. Taken Diane-35, Cycloset. Measures to be taken to regularize periods cycle?

Hello Doctor, I am a 25 yr old female with problems with my menses. I attained menarche at 10 yrs of age. My cycles were regular for around 6-7mths intially, but henceforth i started getting highly irregular cycles ie 2 consecutive cycles were separated by a time period of 1-9 mths. I was overweight. Then 3 yrs back I consulted a gynecologist who subjected me to an ultrasound and I was diagnosed with PCOS . U/S showed multiple ovarian cysts and even my lab reports were diagnostic of PCOS. My Insulin level was 2mIU/ml. That time my wt was 54kg , ht 5 ft 4 . I was started on Diane-35 and asked to reduce wt. I took for 3 mths following which i started developing 5-6 small hypopigmented patches on my arm and leg, which become blister-like eruptions after a shower, and then reduced in size. I have a family history of vitiligo so I discontinued the medication. I didnt consult the doctor after that. My cycles were regular for 2 mths, then it returned to the same old irregular pattern. Then last yr, I consulted another Doctor. She told me that this a very common problem faced by ladies nowadays and further added that I neednt worry till I plan to conceive. She further added that my wt for ht looked adequate. Then she asked me to take cycloset for 3 mths. I took the medications and I started having regular cycles( dysmenorrhea too). But after a few mths of completing the course, reverted back to 2-3 mths between cycles. Now I am 64kgs and not responding to cycloset. What should I do Doctor? Will diet and exercise normalize it? In that case, what should my diet consist of ? And can you please suggest exercise? I usually do yoga for 40 min and another exercise routine for 20 min. Is that sufficient? And I will be getting married within a yr s time .
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012