Irregular periods, on pill, burning sensation when I pee, thick gloopy glob from urine. Suggestion?

Ok last month I started birth control in the middle of the month which caused me to skip over my period. This month my period didn't start till about halfway through the inactive week for a few days I've been having a burning sensation when I pee I just got my period today. And when I peed a thick gloopy glob came out. Could something be wrong?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi, it looks like infection of urine. Just give urine for culture and sensitivity test. Get medicines prescribed according to sensitivity report. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol