Irregular periods, not obese or underweight. Prescribed Regesterone. Correct medication?

Hi, I need the assistance from a Gynecologist for the following question. We are married for 7 months now. My wife had regular periods until 4 months after marriage but she has been experiencing irregular periods since then. We have consulted many doctors and unfortunately, we do not have the reason for this irregularity. She is neither obese nor under weight. She was prescribed Regesterone to use for getting the periods normal. Is this fine? Please advise. Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012