Irregular periods, missing periods for a long time. Pelvic ultrasound and blood tests done. Have acne and facial hair. Do I have PCOS?

Hi there, Hi there, I am 22 years old. I haven t had my period for about 6 months and am starting to get a bit worried. My period has never been regular; however, I did used to get it once every 2-3 months. I did go to the doctor in regards to this problem and got a pelvic ultrasound done, as well as blood tests to test my hormones. Everything came in normal and they doctor told me there is nothing to worry about and that some girls don t get their period for an entire year! The reason why I think I might have POCS is that I do have some acne and would consider myself hairy. However, this could also be attributed to my genes since everybody on my mom s side has had acne when they were young. However, I do find it odd that I haven t my period for so long! The last time I had my period was last year and it was EXTREMELY heavy and I had to take ponstan to control it . Thank you. Sobia.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  23 Awaiting Answer