Irregular periods, missed periods, anemia, palpitations. Hysteroscopy required. Cancer?

I have just had an ultrasound which showed my endometrium to measure 18mm. I believe I may be going through the menopause as my periods have become very irregular sometimes very heavy and missing a couple of months. I am 53 years old. I have recently been treated for anaemia (iron level of 7) and also suffering palpitations. I have been referred for urgent biopsies and hysteroscopy . Does this sound like a high risk of cancer. Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012