For successful conception, both of you need to follow these suggestions:
1) First, you need a regular cycle with proper ovulation. Progesterone
pill (D16 to D25) and other supportive treatment may be required in this case to regularize your monthly cycle.
As you are trying to get pregnant, then you should stop taking combined hormonal pill because it acts as a contraceptive
2) For proper ovulation, you may need to take ovulation induction
drugs like Clomiphene from D2 of her cycle. Serial follicular study
(D12 to D16) is useful to monitor ovulation or you can use ovulation prediction
kit (LH kit) to track down ovulation time in the middle of each cycle.
3) You have to do regular unprotected sex close to your ovulation day (14 days prior to actual due date) or (11th to 19th days of each regular 28 to 30 days cycle) to maximize the chance of pregnancy.
4) Both of you must take a healthy balanced diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables. Low carbohydrate
diet is preferable. Take vitamin-E and folic acid
supplements for 3 months in preconception period and there after.
5) Do light to moderate exercise for physical fitness and to reduce or control body weight. Avoid mental stress completely by regular meditation/ yoga. Maintain a healthy life style