Irregular periods due to stress, prescribed regestrone, stooped medicine periods not arrived. Can i continue medicine?

hi. i've missed my periods this month due to stress. my doctor adviced me to take regesterone for 3 days. Its already 4days since I stopped taking it but my periods are not yet arrived. I've some function after 6 days. Can I take the medicines again to delay if periods not arrive till then. what will be its efects. please help..i m tensed.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Mar 2016

If you have function after 6 days and want to delay your period, then you can take above medicine now as you don't get your period after 4 days waiting.

You will get withdrawal bleeding within 5-7 days of stopping them. However, next cycle may be hampered due to hormonal imbalance.

Good luck.