Irregular periods due to obesity, high testosterone levels. Taking metformin. How to regulate periods?

I m 22 yrs old and have always had irregular periods. The endocrinologist I was seeing attributed my inconsistent menstruation to my weight and unnusually high levels of testosterone (for a female that is). She prescribed metformin but it didn t help. Is there any way I can help regulate my cycle without the need for prescription drugs? I m sexually active and even though we use protection, sometimes i can t help but get worried when by period doesn t come for months at a time.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012