Irregular periods, cycle duration 40-55 days, no hormonal imbalance. Is it normal to have so big cycle duration?

i am 32 years old female. my periods are irregular but i do get them every month. my cycle ranges anywhere between 40-55 days. my flow ranges for 5 days.i donot seem to have any hormonal imbalance because i seem to have normal apperance (no facial hair , my build is normal, no irritation in my behaviour). my query is - is it normal to have a large cycle of 40-55 days. should i be worried?
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012