Irregular periods, constant spotting, severe lower stomach pain, discomfort during intercourse, bloating. History of PCOS. Help?

hi i dont know who else to ask as im a bit worried about going to the docters. So basically i am having a lot of problems down there my periods are extremely irregular (they always have been) but are a lot worse now. i get my period about once every 3-4 months and it lasts about a month but i get constant blood spotting and discharge . I also have a great deal of pain sometimes in my lower stomach sometimes to the stage where i cant walk. intercourse has had to stop because it just feels awkward and hurts alot afterwards. i also feel bloated a lot of the time and have previously had cysts on my ovaries?? please help
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Hello madam, from the history you have given, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOD) is the commonest cause of irregular bleeding in reproductive age may require treatment with oc pills for 3 to 6 months, so as to regularise your cycle.....since you have severe dysmenorrhoea (menustral pain ),and discomfort during sexual intercourse, endometriosis has to be ruled out...i would suggest you to consult your gynaecologist,as earlier the treatment better the result and you may feel assured.....i hope i was helpful to you. ...