Irregular periods, body feels hot and sweaty, headache, breast pain. Should I take contraceptive pills?

Hi i have been having irregular periods, i some time go on for 3 weeks or more than a month and stop for 4 or 5 month. Its been like this from the age of 16, at that time i went to the doctor and she told me its fine it can because exams stress and that and hormonal problem and it will go back to normal. Now its be around 4 or 5 years my period are not regular, between those years i did go and see a doctor and they didn t find anything wrong with me. Just about last 3 or 4 month till now iv experience strange feeling such as, cant sleep at night because my body feels hot and sweaty, hot flashes and headache, feel tired during day time (sleeping pattern), can t concentrate, and breast pain which are sharp pain. because nothing serious found in my scan i had and just waiting for my blood test result, but my doctor recommends i should take contraception pills. If i do take the pills and then come off of the pills, will i have normal regular periods.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012