Irregular periods, blood test done normal, never tried for baby. Is it normal to miss some periods?

Hi
I turned 30 in April( just a couple months ago) and since I remember I've had very regular periods, but it's been about 2.5 months that I haven't got any, the las time I got my period was July 22nd and since then nothing
I'm not pregnant got my blood work done everything was absolutely normal and after that I got another blood work to check for my hormones it came back normal.
I lost a little bit of weight in the past couple months npbut nothing major and I work out 3-5 times a week( it's been about 6 years that I've been working out regularly).
I've been married for 8 years and never tried to make babies but now with all this missing periods thing getting worried!
Should I be worried at all or is it normal to miss some periods,when should I be worrie?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Mar 2016

Missed period for 2.5 months is not normal. There are several reasons of missed period like ovarian cyst or PCOS, hormonal imbalance, mental stress or depression, taking psychiatric medication, over weight, pelvic infection, anemia, improper diet habit etc.

Here, I suggest you to undergo some investigations like pelvic ultrasound scan, hormone test (thyroid, LH/ FSH, testosterone), blood Hb% & sugar level etc. These will help to make a diagnosis and give proper treatment. You can consult with your gynecologist for proper guidance.

You need to control or reduce body wt by regular physical exercise, avoid mental stress, take low carbohydrate diet and hormonal medication.

Hope,it helps for you. Good luck.