Irregular periods after stopping birth control. Negative pregnancy test. Should I take Metformin during periods?

Hi ever since I went off birth control in April 2012 I have had irregular periods. I am trying to conceive but never know when i am ovulating and I have tried the kits and they always come back negative. My last period was 8/27/12. I have had numerous negative pregnancy test and my ob gyn wanted me to start taking metformin and medroxyprogestrone. I was iffy about taking it so I have not started it yet. I am due for my period tomorrow 11/25/12 and have symptoms. Should I start taking the metformin when I get my period to help start regulating it?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012