Irregular periods after removing the implanon. Positive for pregnancy test. Blood test showing negative. No periods. Why?

I am 17 and have VERY irregular periods (2-4 a year) due to having the implanon removed almost two years ago. At the end of last year my partner wanted me to take a home pregnancy test , so I did and it came back positive so did the other two that I look. I went to the doctors a few days later and they gave me a urine test which was positive then ordered a blood test . I had the blood test that day and a few days later I got a phone call saying that the result was negative. I still have not had a period since and it has been 8 months. Does you know what might have been the cause of this?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013