Irregular periods after depo shot. Having intermittent bleeding and stomach cramps. What could be the cause?

I got the depo shot one time at the end of August 2012 and i bled for three months straight. Then in December 2012 at the end of the month i got a period and it was a nasty brown blood and a nurse said it was probably just old blood. In January i got a period that was very light and only lasted that day. I didnt have a period in Feb or March so i thought i could be pregnant but i took about 5 tests and they all said negative. Then about two weeks ago i kept having discharge so i went and got a medicated douche cleaner and used it and the next day very light brown stuff came out and now its heavy red blood and my stomach has been very tight and some cramps that hurt. What could that be?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013